8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Six hour CEU seminar sponsored by Jeld Wen Windows and Doors
“Fenestration”, The Essential Elements
- Understanding Wood Window Manufacturing Capabilities: Product Durability and Design Flexibility This program provides a current overview of wood window manufacturing practices, how windows and doors could be modified to enhance the overall performance of a building, can be custom built to meet stringent historical requirements and how reclaimed wood can be repurposed for use in the manufacturing while meeting today’s stringent energy code requirements.
- Improved Window and Door Flashing Design: This course is designed to present and discuss the current building industry focus on window and door flashing installation as it pertains to durability and energy.
- Understanding Alternative Exterior Trim: Participants will compare and specify alternative exterior trim products, understand manufacturing, composition and performance of alternative (non-wood) trim products and compare green attributes.
- Retractable Screens: Invisible Thresholds to Sustainable Design: At the end of this program, participants will be able to list 3 benefits of retractable screens that enhance sustainability. They will also be able to Explain the impact of retractable screens on energy conservation, Identify key features of the mesh fabrics that contribute to sustainable design and recognize how one achieves sustainable design goals.
- Introduction of Kingspan Insulation, LLC: Introduction of Kingspan Insulation Greengaurd brand of Extruded Polystyrene insulation board and building wrap. Introduction of Kingspan Insulation plans for new products in North America and Optim-R VIP panel. Kooltherm – Introducing Closed cell European fire safe foam board. Products available in other worldwide markets.
- Energy Efficient Windows – Cardinal 101: An overview on today’s glazing options.
For more info and to RSVP contact:
Terri Dawsey Office Manager
Larry L. Bryson, Architect, P.C.