This year the American Institute of Architects, Georgia Association (AIA Georgia) is hosting an online People’s Choice competition in which members of the public can vote for their favorite community buildings. The competition highlights the importance of Georgia architects, who meet the needs of communities through great design. It also reaffirms that behind every magnificent structure is an architect who created it.
Online voting opened July 28 at and has reached over 10,000 votes. Voting will continue until 5:00 pm Friday, August 8. The results will be posted online and the winner will be recognized at the AIA Georgia Design Awards Presentation on Thursday, August 21 at the Emory Conference Center Hotel. Tickets for the Awards Presentation can be purchased here.
1. Soka Gakkai International/USA Atlanta Buddhist Center, architect: Collins Cooper Carusi – 3790 votes
2. Turner Lynch Campus at Olgethorpe University, architect: Collins Cooper Carusi – 3446 votes
3. John C. Maxwell Leadership Center, architect: edp collaborative design – 1075 votes
4. Harris County Community Center , architect: 2WR+Partners – 256 votes
5. Columbus Aquatic Center, architect: 2WR+Partners – 252 votes