It’s Georgia’s turn to elect the next AIA South Atlantic Region YAF Regional Director (for a 2020-21 term). This is a very important role, serving as an advocate, liaison, and champion between the region’s emerging professionals and the regional and national AIA governing structure. For many, this role is a launch pad for leadership at the local, state, or even national level. Shelby Morris, currently at HKS in Atlanta, was the last Georgia architect to hold this office.
If you, or anyone you know, is interested in running for this position, please complete an application form by 5 PM on Monday, July 22nd. The winning candidate will be elected through an online voting process, with the voting window open from August 1st to 22nd. The winning candidate will be invited to the YAF Gathering in October 2019.
You will need to be prepared to provide the following information in the application process:
- Name, email, employer, chapter, AIA number, and phone
- Year of first professional licensure, license number in Georgia
- Upload a head shot, your Letter of Intent and Reasons for Interest, and resume
- 75 word summary of the reasons for your candidacy
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Confirmation that you have read the information on Ranked Choice voting.
For more information on voting, please review the Voting Process document.
Read the job description.