The Georgia Innovation Grant Program is funded by the American Institute of Architects, Georgia Association (AIA Georgia) and administered by The Architecture Foundation of Georgia (AFGA). The intent of this program is to foster innovative ideas to promote Architecture and the Profession, raising awareness of the value of architecture, or the value of the work that AIA members bring to their communities across the State of Georgia. These ideas can include programs by Georgia-based AIA Components and Chapters, allied organizations like ADC, NOMA, AIAS, NOMAS in the state of Georgia as well as design or community-based projects proposed by individual Georgia-based architects, educators and students.
Grants are offered in two categories:
- Organizational Grants
- Individual Grants.
The program will provide up to six grants of $2,500–$5,000 in 2018 for projects programs to be completed in a 6- to 12-month period. Organizations can receive up to $5,000, while Individuals can receive up to $2,500 for projects or programs to promote Architecture or Design and engage with the Community in Georgia. More funds may be allocated to exemplary submissions.
- Call for Submissions: August 10, 2017
- Submissions must be received by 5:00 PM, October 2, 2017
- Recipients will be notified by October 16, 2017. Recipients should be prepared to present their proposals at the AIA Georgia Conference and Business Meeting, November 2-4.
- Grant Funds will be released upon request after January 1, 2018 at the discretion of the AFGA board
- Project/Program must be completed by December 31, 2018
Recipient Selection and funding amounts will be based on the merits of the submission. Awards will be granted at the sole discretion of the Architecture Foundation of Georgia Board, and all selection Committee decisions are final. Please note that architectural firms/ practices cannot be the recipient of these funds, they must be distributed to non-profit organizations or individuals. Current Board Members of the Architecture Foundation of Georgia and AIA Georgia are not eligible for the individual grants. Georgia based AIA Chapters and Component Board members and staff are eligible for individual grants. Grant Applicants who are not selected this year are invited to resubmit their proposals next year.
Grant Applications should be made in electronic form on the AFGA Website at http://www.aiaga.org/afga/innovation-grant.
The electronic submission should include the following information:
- Project title
- Category (Individual or Organization)
- Project Description: Describe the proposed project in detail. Define the communities served, as well as expected results by identifying the immediate and long-term benefits of the project/program. Include the type of expected attendees, participants, audience, etc. who will be impacted by the program (e.g., member, public, etc.) and the estimated number. Indicate other funds obtained, identified or requested if the project requires funding in addition to this Grant Program. Provide a clear plan detailing how the project will be completed including a timeline reflecting critical dates and an allocation of project dollars.
- Budget: State the amount requested from the Grant Program. Provide an itemized budget showing detailed expenses required for the project and any revenues anticipated.
- Images (optional)
- Contact information for 2 references (for individual submissions)
Sorry. This form is no longer available.